The Board School

The school in Green End Gamlingay opened in 1877.
As seen in the photos below, it originally had a bell tower but this was removed in the 1950s as it was considered to be unsafe.

  • (1877-1904)  Mr E J Fowler
  • (1904-1928)  Mr Powell
  • (1928-1941)  Mr John Dalley
  • (1941-1943)  Mr Hacker
  • (1943-1969)  Mr John Robinson
  • (1969-1974)  Mr Kitchener
  • (1974-1986)  Mr Sykes
  • (1986-2001)  Mr Sladin
  • (2001-2006)  Mrs Brown

The Gamlingay school buildings

GDHS4005
GDHS4010
GDHS3601
GDHS3603
GDHS3606
GDHS1656
GDHS3602
GDHS2669
GDHS4522